Tuesday, July 27

pause

East eight and cyprus


I started my photography job yesterday. Mass produced photography is an interesting thing, everything is so… precise. But at least I am making some $$$. My plans for portfolio prints, and canvas reproductions are on hold for the moment, until I gain some capital. I just kinda wanna get it all set up now. I want to display this art for a wider audience and just get a reaction. I’ve been thinking that, these images might go further but only after I gage a wider reception of unbiased observers. Plus, it would be nice to have another gallery exhibition here on the west coast, one that my family could attend.

On another note, I recently heard about the Digital Graffiti Projection Festival held in Alys Beach, Florida. It is the worlds first projection art festival. SOMA says the town in known for its white walls which make great canvases for projected art. Their gallery, is kinda lame, but its worth a look. I pointed out to an photographer mentor of mine recently that it seems to me more and more people are experimenting with taking digital media and transposing it on physical elements. I feel that is why it is so crucial for me to get this work out soon.

Speaking of, for those who are interested, an updated selection and description of my “In the dark” project can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment