Monday, October 11

out

don't we all?


The show at Ray Rays tonight was a huge success! thanks to everyone involved and to those who came out to support gay artists. I was surprised how packed the place was. I handed out over 200 post cards for my show and got to meet with a lot of really rad people. I didn't eat anything all day cause I was so nervous. It is a little stressful putting your work out there for people to judge and comment on. Especially when you devote so much of yourself to your work. The canvas printing got mixed receptions, most people liked it, some people didn't like the image rolling off the frame, which is something that I am personally torn about, but for the exhibition at the naked lounge I don't think it will be an issue since all the images fade out to black on the edges anyway. I don't think I sold anything, which to be quite honest is a bummer. I need to sell this work in order to fund new work... once again money complicates things.

some surprises are in the works. so watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment