Tuesday, October 5

vacation

self in red


All work and no play make Oz a go crazy…
After last weeks hellish reminder of why I don’t converse with distant family I needed some time off. Luckily Ceri, Allen, and Tiana invited me to come to San Francisco to go to Allen’s first gay bar and a free blue grass festival.

How could I decline?

We had a wonderful host and a terrific view. I spent my hours dancing, brunching, and photographing. I’m pretty sure Saturday brunch left me blackout drunk on the way home, because I do not remember photographing on Market Street. This was also a welcome chance to flirt with cute boys too. It’s nice to be around other gay people for a change. Tyler, took us to an awesome Gay club called Underground SF, it reminded me of the places I used to go see Oliver work, but the go-go boys were sexy, and I was in a dancing mood. Dance my cares away…

rucksack feet


We got kind of late start on Sunday, but managed to make it to the Castro street fair, and the free blue grass festival in Golden Gate Park. Unfortunately, I missed both Elvis Costello and Jenny Lewis. Damn it!

My refreshing first day back at work wasn’t so refreshing when the light that I told my boss was making a funny noise and needed to be replaced, to which the reply was, “just hit it until it stops making that noise”, caught fire this morning in a 3 grade classroom. I like to start my week by traumatizing kids. Way to go job, way to go.



The Coming Out for Art show this upcoming Monday, and I have two pieces to show. If you are in the area I highly encourage you to stop by. In light of the recent suicide tragedies here in California and elsewhere in the US, it is more important now than ever that creative gay youth are given an outlet to express themselves. The Coming Out for Art Show will be held at Ray Ray’s gallery and is put on by Stonewall Alliance Youth (SAY) in celebration of National Coming Out Day and hopes to create a community dialogue through art. Look at their web site here. And the gallery here.

Speaking of in the dark, the show is less than a month away, I have all the materials purchased, and now it’s just a race against time. I am mixing chemicals at the end of this week, and hopefully doing first shirts next week. Charlie is stretching the first canvases for me today and we are meeting on Thursday to get a look at the final product. Hooray! Just around the corner folks, 1 month from today…

No comments:

Post a Comment