Friday, October 29

frenzy

solar shirts

Ive been experimenting with cyanotype tshirts lately. I want to sell a few at the show. I take the shirts, make an emulsion layor, and use transperancies to create images using solar power. its kinda rad thinking the sun creates these images. its definialy a learning process, but I really like the effect. what do you think?


As the final week before the show looms, I find myself in a bit of a mad dash to connect all the pieces. I, perhaps foolishly, have secretly ducked away to Vermont to recharge some batteries and visit some old friends. With the sprit of Halloween weighing on everyone, this is sure to be a great chance to blow off some steam. That being said, the reception at the naked lounge is one week from today, and I am hoping those of you who are around can make it. It’s from 7 – 9 pm at the Naked Lounge, downtown Chico. I will be selling some prints from the collection for 5- 10$ and hopefully some cyanotype tshirts (see Above) as well.

It feels that this last week things really solidified for me. Getting the job at the co-op, finishing the last bit of work on the show, and getting a chance to get away. For a while I was sure I was destined to failure, but its funny how time sorts things. At the end of the day, I am happy with the work I have created, and hopefully others will find it compelling and interesting. I am most interested to get some critical feedback, and growing as a creator of imagery. This will be my first real chance to get a perspective that is honest and beyond the protection of academia.

And with the completion of this show, I can close the door on this body of work, for a little while at least and begin some new projects I have tinkering around my head. This show will hopefully provide the launching board to getting a new body, and some studio equipment so I can further push some boundaries. I want to quickly give some thanks to all the people who made this show possible:

Jonathan Taylor – thanks for showing me the value of contemporary fine art photography and giving me the confidence and tools to take my dreams and make them images.
Green Mountain College Library and staff – for allowing me the use of your slide projector for days on end, and putting up with my last minute requests.
All my friends and Models- for supporting me on this project and for willing to strip down to make some collaborative art
Joey Bossen – I truly did not know the meaning of the word muse until you came into my life, great friend, great model, great person. Thanks for being with me since the beginning. You rock.
Anna Wilcox – for giving me guidance and connecting mew with people locally to take my art from the screen to the wall
Charlie Osborn - for being an amazing collaborator and for opening my eyes to the range of printing possibilities.
Ceri May – for swooping into my life and allowing me this HUGE opportunity to showcase my work, you are the catalyst behind this exhibition.

And to all the friends and family who have supported me along the way. Thanks foe everything and I will see you on the 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment