Thursday, November 11

press

I awoke this morning to a text from my mom that I was in the paper. True, I had been interviewed, but it didn’t run last week before the show, so I thought it was killed. But this morning, I had a header on the front page of the entertainment section and a good article inside, with two color photos. I was so surprised. Luckily they post articles online and you can check out the story here. Any press is good press. Now hopefully more people will swing by and check it out!

rise and shine


in the moment

Now that the show is over I can’t stop dissecting what I should have done better. I guess I am always my own worst critic. I felt a little underwhelmed by the turnout. Ceri and Allen assured me that it was the best opening they had ever seen, but I fell short of moving any works. I did, however sell a bunch of prints, which is good. I was mainly disappointed in the lighting, those chandelier were driving me crazy, not to mention that Allen and I spend 5 hours after the lounge closed to construct this cool, starry lighting effect xmas lights, only to have the whole thing collapse during the night. But enough of me being a negative Norbus. At the end of the day at least its out there, and the reception I’ve received has been good.

But now that the show is finally over, I have seriously been focusing on grad school. I’ve got the final list:

The New School
NYU
UC Santa Cruz
University of Denver
Bard College

Now whether or not I can get into any of these schools is a whole other issue, but I gots the grades and the drive. Well see.

In other news I am kinda in an art rut right now. Any suggestions for some cool artists to be checking out now?

No comments:

Post a Comment